On The Beak – Admin
Defending WBC welterweight world champion Victor Ortiz and challenger Floyd Mayweather Jr addressed the media for the final time at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, mere days away from their September 17 showdown in the same venue. Ortiz, 24, insinuated that the elder, more experienced and also undefeated Mayweather Jr, 34, was scared…
Press conference highlights
- [Speaking to Floyd] On Saturday night… Imma put you on your ass.
- If you’ve seen Victor’s story… the story about his mother leaving. I know the real truth, that his father didn’t leave but it’s good for TV. Yea; his father didn’t leave. He went to high school in California. I gotta do my homework.
- He’s got a problem making weight. I’m at weight right now.
- I bet Oscar de la Hoya $2.5 million, I bet Victor Ortiz his purse that I would be victorious.
- I ask Floyd Mayweather, please, fight a good, clean fight… for the people. Don’t use your elbow and don’t turn your back because that says to me you’re a scared fighter.
- I am a scared fighter. I’m a scared fighter who’s been dominating for 16 years.
(Embedded video above credit – Youtube, Fightfancom)